The voices of freedom are coming alive! People and organizations are holding educational events and taking to the streets this weekend to defend freedom and justice: for Israel and for the horribly persecuted of Iraq.
Contact: Canadian Kurdish Federation FOR SECOND RELEASE
Ezidi (Yezidi) Massacre in Iraqi Kurdistan
Toronto (Dundas Square)- On Saturday, August 9 from 12-3pm, Kurds in the Toronto area will be gathering at Dundas Square to raise awareness of the genocide taking place against Ezidi Kurds in Iraqi Kurdistan and to urge the Canadian government to take immediate action to provide assistance. […]
Wish I could be there, but I have another important commitment. If the Canadian Forces can be used to unintentionally install Sharia law in Libya, we can use them to save Yezidis, Christians and others from ISIS monsters.
2. TORONTO, Sunday, August 10/14, 10:30-12:30, Lodzer Synagogue, 12 Heaton St., Toronto (North York): CIJR (Canadian Institute For Jewish Research) Colloquium: Israel, Hamas and the Third Gazan War. Refreshments Served. Donations voluntary; Students free.
- CHAIRMAN: Prof. Clifford Orwin (UofT)
- PANELISTS: Prof. Aurel Braun (UofT); Lawrence Solomon (Financial Post); Prof. Sally Zerker (York U).
3. TORONTO, Sunday, August 10/14, 2:00pm, Israel Consulate, 180 Bloor Street W. (at University/Queen’s Park & Avenue Rd) [MAP]; RALLY FOR ISRAEL. Organized by Jewish Defence League.
This is the big one! The Jewish Defence League has called for a counter-protest vs. a planned ‘All Out For Gaza’ rally by the pro-Hamas side that seems determined to try to justify the killing of Jewish civilians. There are estimates that thousands of pro-Hamas demonstrators could be there.
In support of our persecuted brothers and sisters, who have been forced to flee the city of Mosul, we will rally in solidarity. After fleeing and surrendering their belongings to the terrorist group, ISIS, the persecuted Christians of Iraq left their homes with only the clothes on their backs. Our goal in this protest …is to inform the Canadian public and government of the atrocities in Mosul and hope for aid.The Eastern Churches in Canada are inviting all those against the brutalities to participate in the peaceful demonstration, which will take place in the city of Toronto on August 10th, 2014. It will be concluded by submitting a letter to the Iraqi and Canadian governments, asking for the protection of Christians or an opportunity to seek refuge outside their war-stricken country.
5. TORONTO, Sunday, August 10/14, Time & Places Secret: FLASHMOBS FOR ISRAEL.
Purpose: to show how Israelis only have 15 seconds to save their lives from Hamas rockets. Organized by Canadians For Israel.