It’s time the other side of the story was told.
It’s time to stand together.
It’s time to stop being afraid.
2012 Israel Truth Week Conference
‘ISRAEL: THE CASE FOR THE DEFENCE’
Royal View Church
London, Ontario, Canada
March 21, 2012
Your event was a great success in all regards, and I sincerely congratulate you for it. I wanted to tell you how pleased I was to attend the premiere of Israel Truth Week which you organized so efficiently. The venue was superb, the speakers were great and the topics couldn’t have been better selected. I am still scratching my head to find some – any – criticism…but in vain! 😉 Also to be highly commended are Rev. Joe Campbell, Andrew Lawton and Mary Lou Ambrogio.”
The feedback for the 2012 Israel Truth Week Conference has been extraordinarily positive, and many attendees have expressed a desire to see a 2013 conference. Plans are already underway with keynote speaker Rabbi Jonathan Hausman to make Israel Truth Week an even bigger success next year. More information about the day’s events can be found below the photo gallery.
Afternoon Session: 2:00 – 5:00pm
Opening Remarks [VIDEO]
Mary Lou Ambrogio, VP, International Free Press Society (Canada)
Rev. Joe Campbell, National Director of Development, Christians for Israel
VIDEO #1: ‘Prager University,’ Oct 24/10: The Middle East Problem [VIDEO, 5:59]
1. MARK VANDERMAAS, Israel TruthWeek/Caledonia Victims Project (info)
‘Israel Truth Week: Born of Nazi-Occupied Holland And The Caledonia Crisis’
[VIDEO, 26:42 (includes intros; Mark’s presentation begins at 7:35)]
‘Working Together Against Campus Anti-Semitism’ [VIDEO, 11:22]
VIDEO #2: Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Deputy Minister Danny Ayalon, Dec 04/11: The Truth About the Refugees [VIDEO, 5:30]
3. AL GRETZKY, International Free Press Society (Canada)
4. ANDREW LAWTON, Editor-In-Chief, Landmark Report
‘The Need for Israel’ [VIDEO, 16:13]
VIDEO #3: Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Deputy Minister Danny Ayalon, July 12/11: The Truth About the West Bank [VIDEO, 6:17]
6. Keynote: GARY MCHALE, Canadian Advocates for Charter Equality (info)
Evening Session: 6:30-9:30pm
Emcee: Mary Lou Ambrogio, VP, International Free Press Society (Canada)
Opening Remarks [see afternoon intros]
- Mary Lou Ambrogio, International Free Press Society (Canada)
- Rev. Joe Campbell, Christians for Israel – Canada
VIDEO #4: Palestinian Media Watch: Translation of Palestinian TV (PA TV) broadcast of Oct 23/11 interview w/terrorist Ahlam Tamimi (who smiles when told she killed 8 Israeli children, not 3) [VIDEO, 1:17]
VIDEO #5: Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI): Translation of Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas/Gaza) broadcast of May 11/11 interview w/Hamas MP Yunis Al-Astal (“Jews are brought to Palestine for the great massacre“) [VIDEO, 2:19]
‘Why I carry a Palestinian flag in my pocket: A UN peacekeeper’s case for Israeli and Palestinian victims of Hamas’ [VIDEO, 14:26]
8. PESACH OVADYAH, BA, Western University/Jewish Defence League of Canada
‘The Jewish Case for Israel’ [VIDEO]
9. MEIR WEINSTEIN, Jewish Defence League of Canada
‘Update on current threats to Israel and the Jewish people’ [VIDEO, 10:42]
VIDEO #6: Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Deputy Minister Danny Ayalon, Sep 12/11: The Truth About The Peace Process [VIDEO, 5:59]
10. REV. JOE CAMPBELL, National Director of Development, Christians for Israel
‘The Christian Case for Israel’ [VIDEO, 24:21]
11. SALIM MANSUR, BA, MA, PhD, Professor of Political Science, Western University. Author of ‘Delectable Lie: A Liberal Repudiation of Multi-Culturalism.’ Author of ‘Islam’s Predicament: Perspectives of a Dissident Muslim’
‘The Muslim Case for Israel’ [VIDEO, 25:59]
VIDEO #7: Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, May 2011: Israel’s Critical Security Needs for a Viable Peace [VIDEO, 5:27]
‘The Coming Wars of Unintended Consequences: How Reckless Threats And Action Become A Battleground’ [VIDEO, 1:02:01]
VIDEOS: All videos by Just Right Media; see playlist: ‘Israel Truth Week 2012’
PHOTO GALLERY: all photos by David B. Strutt Photography
- Jewish Tribune, Joanne Hill, March 20/12: ‘Lies told about Israel, Jews’ motivation for Israel Truth Week [PDF, March 22/12 print edition (see p6); PDF, ITW download]
- Canadian Jewish News, Sheri Shefa, March 23/12: ‘Israel Truth Week’ organized in London [PDF, ITW download]
- IsraelTruthWeek.org, March 07/12: SUN TV’s Michael Coren re Israel Truth Week vs. IAW: “The resistance has begun!”
- SUN News Network, March 07/12: Israel Truth Week (Michael Coren show)
- CANOE.TV, March 07/12: Israel Truth Week (Michael Coren show)
- Woodstock Sentinel Review, Editors Picks, March 07/12: Israel Truth Week (Michael Coren show)
- Toronto Sun, March 07/12: Israel Truth Week (Michael Coren show)
- Simcoe Reformer, March 07/12: Israel Truth Week (Michael Coren show)
- St. Catharines Standard, March 07/12: Israel Truth Week (Michael Coren show)
- Niagara Falls Review, Featured Video, March 07/12: Israel Truth Week (Michael Coren show)
- Brantford Expositor, Editors Picks, March 07/12: Israel Truth Week (Michael Coren show)
- Counterpoise, April 01/12: Israel Truth Week Conference 2012, and its connection with the Caledonia Crisis
- Jewish Defence League, March 20/12: TOMORROW! March 21 – Israel Truth Week
- Jewish Defence League, March 16/12: 2012 Israel Truth Week Conference – March 21, London, Canada
- Blog Wrath, March 08/12: Michael Coren interviews Mark Vandermaas and Stuart Laughton
- Just Right, March 08/12: Israel Truth Week (no relation to our sponsor, ‘Just Right Media’
- Blazing Cat Fur, (date unknown): Israel Truth Week Events
- VoiceofCanada, March 08/12: SUN TV’s Michael Coren re Israel Truth Week vs. IAW: “The resistance has begun!”
- Free Dominion, March 06/12: 2012 Israel Truth Week – ISRAEL: THE CASE FOR THE DEFENCE
MESSAGE FROM ISRAEL TRUTH WEEK FOUNDER – Mark Vandermaas
1. A great success!
The conference more than met my expectations for attendance with approximately 65 people present from as far away as Toronto, Hamilton, Chatham, and outlying areas in the London area. This number included the 15 JDL security people who came to listen as well as to provide security. One volunteer reports being told by a Jewish community leader that the calibre of speakers far and away exceeded their expectations.
As I stated in my remarks, if just one person attended and came away with just one fact they could use to help just one person understand the Arab-Israel conflict just a little bit better, then the entire effort was worth it. As Rabbi Hausman told me afterwards, even if no one had attended, the fact that it took place at all was a victory.
The Royal View Church venue was perfect in every way, with two screens for the videos and Powerpoint presentations as well as a state of the art AV system that allowed our videographers to tap directly into the sound system to for near-perfect sound recording of the presentations.
2. Thank you to those who made the Israel Truth Week Conference a success!
As the founder of Israel Truth Week, and organizer of the 2012 conference I would like to thank all the sponsors & contributors (see below), volunteers, and Royal View Church staff who worked so hard to help me make the 2012 ITW conference a success. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I would also like to thank everyone who attended, especially the Jewish contingent, a number of which made a point to tell me how much they appreciated the event.
3. Thank you for your donations to the Royal View Church roof fund!
Thank you also to everyone who donated to this year’s fundraising project – $10K for roof repairs to our host venue, Royal View Church! We were able to donate $1,700.05 to the roof fund:
- Israel Truth Week, April 16/12: Israel Truth Week Conference donors raised $1,700 for Royal View Church roof repairs
It’s not too late to make a donation to help this great friend of Israel fix its leaky roof, and it’s easy to do: visit www.RoyalView.org and click on ‘DONATE’ in the upper right corner. BE SURE to put ‘Roof Fund’ in the memo section otherwise we cannot track your donation back to Israel Truth Week. Thank you.
4. Book: The Jewish People’s Rights to the Land of Israel
One of the attendees at the Israel Truth Week Conference was Salomon Benzimra, author of the comprehensive reference work, ‘The Jewish People’s Rights to the Land of Israel‘ published by Canadians for Israel’s Legal Rights (CILR) in 2011. He graciously allowed me to post his wonderful testimonial (top) for all to read.
A new page called ‘Israel Truth Books‘ has been created in the ‘Apartheid – Israel?‘ resource section where you will find links to the Amazon.com listing for Mr. Benzimra’s book and its publisher, Canadians for Israel’s Legal Rights (CILR). Only $9.99 for the ebook (paper verson not yet available) which contains over 170 links to supporting documents and references documenting Israel’s land claims. I purchased my own copy, and it is, indeed, a great reference on this important topic.
5. What’s ahead in the coming days and weeks…
a. I’ll be posting details and photos plus my speech notes from the great Never Again Group anti-IAW event held at McMaster University on March 20th that featured Rabbi Hausman, Dr. Peter Marshall, filmaker Ben Feferman and myself.
b. VIDEO OF PRESENTATIONS: Robert Vaughan of JustRightMedia.org has done an extraordinary job of producing the videos for the conference, and has also produced a special playlist – Israel Truth Week 2012 for the event. You might also want to listen to some of the great interviews available at the Just Right website, including several of mine; one of which is about my 2011 Blue Beret vigil against the Canadian Boat to Gaza in London, Ontario:
SPONSORS & CONTRIBUTORS:
Photography Services by:
Security services provided by:
Videography services provided by:
Just Right Media w/Robert Metz & Robert Vaughan
Mark Vandermaas, Founder
Israel Truth Week